I like DATA and I love INSIGHTS. I am a quantum physicist by training who studied Journalism and went down the MBA route. I am a Director at LinkedIn and work with… Yes, you guessed it: DATA.
Before that I built and sold a data analytics startup company called Fisheye Analytics.
I am also the author of “Ask Measure Learn,” a book written for managers on how to get value out of data. If you hang around this blog for a while, you will notice a few main themes:
- Data science is getting easier every day. Non-linear regression is about 100 years old.
- Data wrangling is getting simpler. We now have better tools and smarter people.
- The biggest issue we face is ASKing the right question.
- Algorithms are powerful, mostly because we trust them too much.
In my many interactions with former clients, such as the World Economic Forum, the Olympics, and FIFA (to name a few), I formed the following hypotheses about social media data, and its measurements:
- Influencers are dead…More often than not, trends are determined by homophily.
- The internet is not built equally…we call this reach.
- Awareness does not equal intent.
- Participating in social media is completely different from measuring it.
- Everyone should have at least one social bot.
- The big issue we face is ASKing the right question (did I mention this before?)
Join me on my journey through Data and Social
Kill the Myth about viral content and influencer.
Get your FREE chapter of the book